Skip to main content

Tweet Chat!

It is officially 2018 and I have started new classes with new professors and a completely new schedule! So far, this has been a crazy two weeks with lots of things to get done for my classes. Some of these things however, are a nice break from what I usually am assigned to do, like readings and papers and things like that. On Sunday, January 21st, I got to participate in a Tweet Chat event through NCTE. This was the first time I have ever had to do something like this, so going into it, I was a little curious as to how it would work. It turns out, there were so many educators and future teachers that were participating in it, that I was able to see how it would actually work when I need to collaborate using social media in the future. I really enjoyed hearing everyone's answers to the questions asked (posted below), and how each person's was different based on what they taught whether this be grade level, class, special, or things along those lines. I think everyone should participate in a tweet chat because it allows so much collaboration and sharing resources and skills. Everyone contributes to it in their own way! I gained a few new followers on my account, so I was able to connect with other educators in the field.

Here is a link to my Twitter so you can go follow my journey to becoming a teacher!


Questions:

Q1. What is one educational win you had last semester, and how will you continue that in 2018?

Q2. Twitter is a great space for learning from one another. Who do you follow that has helped you grow as an educator?

Q3. What’s a new resource you’ve discovered to find creative ideas for teaching?

Q4. What’s one text (poem, book, novel) that you would recommend every teacher (or student!) read in 2018, and why?

Q5. Self-care is so important for thriving as an educator. What’s one thing you plan to do in 2018 to take care of yourself?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction- About Me!

  My name is Brenna Bleeker and I am a sophomore here at the University of Northern Iowa. I grew up in LeClaire, Iowa, a small town right along side of the Mississippi River. At home I live with my mom, dad and my older brother who is a firefighter in our hometown. I enjoy spending time with my family and extended family because I have so many cousins, aunts and uncles in my family. I enjoy doing crafty things and being artsy every once in a while. Once of my favorite things is just being around my friends and hanging out with them, watching movies, or going out to eat. Baking with my mom is one of my favorite things, which means my favorite dessert is homemade cookies! I decided to come to the University of Northern Iowa because the idea of going to a college that had a focus on teaching was pretty perfect to me. This is my first blog so come on my journey of teaching!

Voice Typing!

Voice Typing on Google Docs is a great way for students to lay out what they want to say in a paper, power point, or any document. This new use of technology allows for some students to have an easier time with figuring out what they want to say, and then changing/ editing it later. Even for children that are good at typing, this can give them a new challenge to figure out how to use this new feature on Google Docs. Voice Typing is a great tool to use in a classroom for papers you assign the students, of even small projects where they can practice using this. Image Source

Kahoot!

Kahoot! is a great way to help your students learn. This website/ app allows students to interactively answer questions that are related to the topic you're learning. The teacher sets up a quiz and gives the students a code to enter into the app on their phones. The next part is the interactive part! The kids can easily answer the questions and are able to get immediate feedback. This is a great resource to use in your classroom and is a great way to get kids of any age started in learning technology! Use this for any subject as an easy way to make learning fun for your students and make it easier to see how well your students are doing in that subject. Just download the free app and you're ready to go! To start a game, click here ! Image Source